The average American home contains more than 1,000 different chemicals. (EPA)
Of the chemicals found in personal care products: 884 are toxic, 146 cause tumors, 218 cause reproductive complications, 778 cause acute toxicity, 314 cause biological mutations, 376 cause skin and eye irritations.
Asthma was once a very rare disease. Now the condition is extremely common, the asthma rate has tripled in the last 20 years with nearly 30 million Americans currently afflicted. In one decade, there has been a 42% increase in asthma (29% for men, 82% for women). The higher rate for women is believed to be due to women’s longer exposure times to household chemicals.
The think Dirty app is one of my FAVES -- It's disgusting when I find out my favorite bath wash is high is cancer causing agents or my favorite cleaner is high in toxins that cause reproductive issues. But it also helps me take control and kick those products to the curb!!!
There are more than 3 million poisonings every year.
Household cleaners are the number one cause of poisoning of children. Liquid dish soap is the leading cause of poisonings in the home for children under the age of six (over 2.1 million accidental poisonings per year). Most brands of liquid dish soap contain Formaldehyde and ammonia.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reported that nearly 30 cancer-causing chemicals were detectable in the fat tissues of literally every American today.
Just reducing (not eliminating) environmental carcinogens alone would save at least 50,000 lives from cancer annually. (Dr. Lee Davis, former advisor to the Secretary of Health)
2. Over 150 chemicals commonly found in homes have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities. (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
3. Toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than air pollution. (EPA)
|want to be a DIY'er ?? I have an amazing recipe for laundry Soap.|
|I LOVE my dryer balls. I use Purification.|
4. Most homes have airborne concentrations of hazardous chemicals that are three to 70 times higher indoors than outdoors. (EPA)
5. Women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than women who work outside of the home. The higher death rate is believed to be due to daily exposure to chemicals found in ordinary household products. (Toronto Indoor Air Commission) 6. In the past 14 years, there has been a 75% increase in asthma; 29% for men; 71% for women. The higher rate for women is believed to be due to women’s longer exposure times to household chemicals. (Center for Disease Control)
7. The personal care products we put on our skin and hair create possible toxic exposures through skin absorption. These include soaps, lotions, cosmetics, shampoos, deodorants and other common products. (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) 90% of health problems caused by chemicals are through the inhalation of chemical vapors and absorption of chemical particles. However, many warning labels refer only to toxic hazards caused by ingestion of a chemical.
9. It's sad to think about but we can't even trust our foods anymore! The chemicals for killing weeds is harmful, plus pesticide those are full of toxins.
Questions?? See something you like?? Email me email@example.com Orders go out on the 24th of the month!!
But do yourself a favor : See the benefits of Essential Rewards here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Post a Comment